Before you apply for a character, be sure you read these rules. If you don't, we have a way of knowing! You'll see. :P
Rules of the game.
1. This game is meant to be fun, first and foremost. If another player says his/her character doesn't like yours, accept it as an in-game character trait, not the opinion of the player. Players who get out of hand and take fictional, RP conflicts into OOC arenas will be booted!
2. We are big on taste and tact. This means: no blatantly R-rated RPing will be done in this community! Mild cursing we understand. But smut? Not cool.
3. Keep in-character posts in thegildedage and out-of-character posts in gildedooc.
4. Spellcheck is appreciated, as is good grammar. It's perfectly okay if you have typos or if you're not an English major and occasionally slip up, but if your typing essentially looks like a monkey took a hammer to a keyboard, we WILL let you know.
5. Depending on RP format (thread or journal), gaming will occur in first or third person. Please, please, PLEASE do not play in the manner shown below...because it's pretty annoying.
Blair: *texts Serena*
6. No godmodding is permitted. That is, if you play Blair and not Vanessa, you MAY NOT puppet Vanessa's actions in your post like so: "Blair walked into the next room and Vanessa followed."
7. LIMITS: We currently have no character limits set for each player, but this may change if the game really gets off the ground. But as for age limits, we do suggest you be at least 14 or 15 to play here. The reason we say this is that we're really looking for writers with developed characters and good grasps on writing. However, if your application is truly stunning and you happen to be 13, an exception can be made. :)
8. Be as in-character as possible. When applications for canon characters come in, we will be looking for strong characterization that is faithful to our game's source material: the CW's Gossip Girl. (NOT THE BOOK SERIES!)
For those who are applying to play original characters: you should still play as in-character as possible! Once you say your character is mid-class in your application, keep her that way. Don't suddenly play her as owning 18 Chanel handbags.
9. To prove you've read these rules, make sure you work the phrase "scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite" into your application somewhere. It doesn't even have to be in a sentence! You can just paste it in after your player info if you like.
10. You know you love us. XOXO...well, you know the rest.
If you, at any time, have issues with an out-of-control-player--someone who is rude, disrespectful, and/or makes conflict between characters into a conflict between players, do not hesitate to contact the mods at THIS POST. If we feel you have misinterpreted the situation or are overreacting, we'll let you know. Otherwise, we'll take action. If the conflict is mild at the most, we'll simply suggest you talk it out. :)
People lead busy lives, we know this. In fact, both your mods are busy people, too! So we understand if you only get to log on once a week or so. But applying for a character, only to let him/her sit for, say, three months without action will result in your character being freed up for another player if he/she is canon, or dropped from the game entirely if he/she is original.
We will not, however, painstakingly log your activity or require you to meet certain post quotas.
If, at any time, you find yourself too busy to play for a long period of time longer, go to the OOC comm and post a hiatus notice. If you wish to stop permanently, you can drop a character by letting us know at the MOD CONTACT POST.