Before you apply for a character, make sure you read the RULES. We have a way of knowing if you don't!
Steps to applying.
1. Create a journal for your character.
2. Copy and paste the application code (provided at the bottom of the page) into an entry in your new character journal.
3. Fill out the app in the snazziest way you can! If you wish to create an original character, check out this link.
4. Reply to THIS post with a link to your character application. Make sure the entry is unlocked so that the mods can view it!
5. We'll give you an answer as soon as we can. :)
If your character is approved.
1. Friend the mod journal, peoplewilltalk.
2. Go HERE to accept your invites to thegildedage and gildedooc.
3. Create an inbox post for your character, IN YOUR CHARACTER'S JOURNAL. It should look something like THIS.
4. Comment to THIS POST with what student organizations you want your character to be a part of.
5. Introduce yourself--and your character--at the OOC comm and get playing!
If your character is rejected.
1. We will have left some constructive criticism for you in a comment. See what we have to say, and if you agree, amp up your app and reapply!
2. If you still don't understand why we turned down your application, contact the mods HERE.
Full character name:
Canon character or original?
Character grade: [Choose from 9 to 12]
Residence: [Upper West Side, Upper East Side, Brooklyn, etc.]
School: [NOTE: boys go to St. Jude's, girls go to Constance Billard]
Social status: [ranges of mid-class or upper-class]
Circle: [Does your character run with Blair and her posse? The artsy kids? The jocks? Class clowns? None of the above?]
How does your character regard Gossip Girl and her blog?
PB: [actor/actress/model/etc used in character journal's icons]
History & personality
Personal history: [Character history should end where season one of Gossip Girl ends; that is, we will not be adhering to the plotline of season two]
Character personality: [Make this as detailed as you can. Try to provide motives--and not just descriptions--of your character's behavior!]
Third person sample: [Should be about 200 words long. Try to make your character as vivid as you can!]
First person journal sample: